Published on March 18th, 2013 | by Craig Forshey70
Chillingo’s Potshot Pirates 3D Comes To Android
Rovio’s Angry Birds titles are a case of often imitated, hardly ever duplicated with the many games that draw inspiration from them and some that are outright clones. As was the case with Toy Story: Smash It!, the latest IOS Chillingo title to make the voyage over to Android, Potshot Pirates 3D, falls somewhere in the middle.
Potshot Pirates 3D is a physics puzzler that will have you shooting pirates out of a cannon in order to knock down the platforms your taunting enemies, in this case island natives, reside on. The more damage caused, the more points awarded which works on a three star system. A neat game mechanic found in both Potshot Pirates 3D and Toy Story: Smash It! is the ability to move around the soon to be demolished structures in 3D, which adds another layer of complexity to the proceedings. Rather than being published by Chillingo as was the case on IOS, Potshot Pirates is being published by its developer, IT Art Team, LLC.
- More than 100 colorful levels, including the original geolocations, which opens, depending on the player’s location.
- A realistic highly detailed 3D graphics
- The ability to summon destructive Kraken
- Different nucleuses with different characteristics
- Touch-based controls
- Different weather conditions at different levels
- Realistic water, which can be touched
You can pick up Potshot Pirates 3D for $2.99 with a free trial available.