Published on April 2nd, 2013 | by Craig Forshey5
Zynga’s Battlestone Does A Beta Launch On Google Play
The publisher behind Horn and Words With Friends is back with a new free to play action RPG. Initially known by the code name Golden Arrow THD, Battlestone as it will now be called has gone under a number of changes since its developer November Software was picked up by Zynga. No longer a Tegra exclusive game, this new version heavily emphasizes multiplayer capabilities allowing players to form guilds and tournaments.
Battlestone’s core gameplay is similar to titles like Diablo. Players will tap where they want their hero to go on the screen, repeatedly tap to attack enemies, and swipe from enemy to enemy to perform combos. The twist to Battlestone is the ability to hotswap between different heroes at any given time, giving players an incentive to create as many characters as possible.
While Battlestone hasn’t technically been released yet, Zynga has published a beta version with limited availability on Google Play. Players have been reporting poor frame rates and frequent crashes. Once all the bugs get worked out, Battlestone should be a great game.
- Explore a beautiful 3D world that unfolds before you on your quest
- Touch control combat: intuitive, easy to use touching and swiping attack moves: Create combination attacks with special abilities to take down multiple enemies in a single move.
- Create dozens of heroes: Use the Battlestones you win to summon new and rare heroes with unique powers.
- Customize how you want to upgrade your hero’s abilities.
- Swap heroes quickly in battle: Ability to switch heroes in the middle of the action to survive the different challenges ahead.
- Battle other players: Fight your friends and other players to win powerful Battlestones.
- Built-in guilds and weekly guild tournaments.
Google Play – Battlestone