Published on April 4th, 2013 | by Craig Forshey72
Tekken Card Tournament Graduates To Official Status
Namco Bandai’s Tekken Card Tournament has come out of beta status and is now officially available on Google Play. Previously only available in a limited test form through Namco Bandai, Tekken fans can now download the fighting/trading card game in its finished state. Tekken Card Tournament takes the legendary fighting franchise and melds it with a mobile friendly gaming format.
The arcade controls the Tekken series is known for have been eschewed in favor of a more strategic card based combat system. Three moves are available at any given time which players use in conjunction with a customized stack of cards to deal damage or cancel out their opponents attacks. New attack cards become available as fighters gain experience and level up.
Tekken Card Tournament features cross platform combat. Tekken enthusiasts can duke it out with anyone in online multiplayer regardless if they are on iOS, Android, or a web browser. Along with console like visuals thanks to the Unity 3D engine, Tekken Card Tournament is a great looking game no matter what platform you play it on.
- DEEP GAMEPLAY: Customise your deck, use the fusion system to create new cards, and perfect your strategic combinations of Focus, Strike and Block moves to take down opponents.
- CROSS-PLATFORM PLAY: Take TEKKEN with you everywhere you go with seamless cross-platform online play between any connected devices: Browsers, tablets and smartphones.
- AMAZING VISUALS: High quality, liquid smooth 3D graphics faithful to the TEKKEN universe and faultlessly rendered in the app and in browsers.
- UNLIMITED ACTION: Train in solo play then challenge matched opponents around the world to climb the global rankings, with extra rewards to win in themed contests and weekly battles.
- COLLECTIBLE CARDS: Over 190 real-world collectible Game Cards coming to retailers early summer 2013, featuring Augmented Reality and unique QR code functionality to enhance the in-game experience.
Tekken Card Tournament is a big departure for the franchise, but still manages to retain the look and feel Tekken is known for while trying something completely new. You can pick it up for free on Google Play.
Google Play – Tekken Card Tournament