Published on April 18th, 2013 | by Craig Forshey73
Battle The Undead In Fangz
Independent developer Game Whizzes have released their first game, a bloody gorgeous beat ’em up by the name of Fangz. Fangz follows the story of a man on a mission to save his family from being eaten by zombies, vampires, ghouls, and a host of other nasty creatures that have infested his neighborhood. Its up to him to destroy every monster in sight before its too late.
Fangz looks amazing thanks to its highly detailed character sprites and animations that absolutely ooze production quality. The smoothness and fidelity of Fangz’s graphics give it a graphic novel feel, something that is readily apparent when blowing a zombies head off in spectacular fashion. This is one of the best, if not the best, looking beat ’em up style games available on Android.
Fangz plays like a hybrid of side scrolling zombie shooters like Zombieville and beat ’em up titles like Streets Of Rage. Players can use either guns or melee weapons to defend themselves against the zombies with each weapon having its own unique play style. Guns have range but eat up alot of ammo whereas melee weapons don’t consume ammo but put you within striking distance of the undead.
- Incredible 2d art. Watch bloodsuckers suffer in superb detail.
- Amazingly smooth cartoon animations.
- 10 level campaign mode, with a riveting Michael Bay-sized story and amazing bosses.
- Survival mode, with 10 different Gamecenter leaderboards.
- Store with 17 unlockable weapons and 4 upgradeable player stats.
- Easy to pickup, hard to master.
You can pick up Fangz for $.99 on Google Play.