Published on May 23rd, 2013 | by Craig Forshey64
Retro Brawler Combo Crew Has Arrived
When people talk about playing traditional style games like Streets Of Rage or Street Fighter on mobile devices, the number one complaint is invariably the controls. Take for example Konami’s port of the their classic X-Men Arcade game, what was an other wise classic title has been rendered unplayable by a poor control scheme. Luckily, indie developer The Game Bakers has a solution for all that, and it’s called Combo Crew.
Combo Crew is a unique brawler that’s been tailor made for touch screen devices. Rather than struggling with an onscreen joystick and buttons, players will simply swipe and tap to attack their enemies with viscous combos and screen clearing special moves. Combine that with great graphics and a surprisingly deep combat system, and you’ve got the best beat ’em up to hit Android in a long time.
- Fight with your fingers: slash enemies to trigger crazy combos, tap to guard. A modern beat ’em up with no virtual D-pad!
- The first mobile brawler with asynchronous multiplayer across devices. Rescue your friends, or be rescued by them!
- A true arcade experience with a great combo system and super moves.
- Several heroes with unique combat styles and more than 80 moves to master.
- Hundreds of missions – complete them solo or compete for high scores against online friends.
- An endless scoring mode, unlockables, and collectibles – a ton of replay value.
- Log in to sync automatically between your devices.
- Languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese.
We could talk about the terrific single player campaign and the extensive multiplayer options all day but suffice it to say Combo Crew rocks! You can pick it up for $2.30 on Google Play.
Google Play – Combo Crew