Published on July 23rd, 2013 | by Craig Forshey0
Galaxy On Fire 2 Now Available For All Android Devices
It seems like ages ago when Galaxy On Fire 2 first arrived as an exclusive title for the Xperia Play. Some time after that, the space faring bounty hunter game broadened its audience with a Tegra optimized version but still precluded the majority of Android gamers from experiencing this award winning sci-fi opera. Until now. Developer Fishlabs Entertainment has just dropped a universal version of Galaxy On Fire 2 onto Google Play, complete with official support for over 200 devices, which represents a dramatic increase in its install base.
Galaxy On Fire 2 is a non-linear space dogfighting game in the vein of the legendary Wing Commander series or more aptly, its spinoff series Privateer. Players will hang around space stations taking odd jobs like mining asteroids, transporting supplies, or intercepting pirate attacks. As they earn credits and jet around the galaxy, they’ll be able to outfit their ship with any number of deadly gadgets and weaponry which in turn allows them to take on even more dangerous missions.
- Achievements and leaderboards via Google Play game services (GPGS)
- A vast galaxy with over 30 star systems and more than 100 planets and space stations
- More than 50 customizable spaceships and hundreds of different weapons systems, power-ups and commodities
- A unique mixture of story-driven, mission-based and sandbox gameplay
- High-quality visuals including detailed 3D models, hi-res textures and breath-taking Special FX
- 3D sound, orchestral soundtrack and full voice-acting
- Action Freeze™: Take screenshots from any perspective and save them onto your device
- Full support of the differing resolutions and capabilities of 200+ Android-powered smartphones and tablets
Gorgeous, ambitious, and nostalgic, Galaxy on Fire 2 towers above other Android space shooters. It’s available now for free on Google Play with separate in app purchases for the games main campaign and two expansions.