Published on July 31st, 2013 | by Craig Forshey0
Retro Remake Choplifter HD Flies Onto Android
The classic action game Choplifter tasked you with rescuing stranded pow’s and blasting away at enemy artillery, its modern update Choplifter HD, now available on Tegra powered Android devices, is an over the top interpretation of the original complete with awesome new weapons, death defying ‘copter tricks, and even a horde of flesh eating zombies.
Brought to us by inXile Entertainment, Choplifter HD is also a faithful port of its Xbox Live Arcade cousin and serves as another of the Nvidia Shield’s launch titles. As an ace helicopter pilot it’s up to players to maneuver their way through various battlefields, picking up stranded survivors and making sure both they and the chopper make it home safely.
- Players pilot many different helicopter types inspired by current military models
- Varied and dangerous terrain including urban areas, jungle outposts, arctic bases, and desert compounds with missions taking place at all hours of the day and night.
- Command a variety of helicopters deployed on more than 30 different missions ranging from captured military prisoner extraction to saving survivors of viral outbreaks
- Maneuver, fire, and extract under perilous conditions in order to carry out rescues
- Original Choplifter franchise creator Dan Gorlin serving as design consultant
Choplifter HD is a nostalgic blast from the past that looks every bit as good as its console cousins. It’s available now for $4.99 on Google Play.