Published on August 1st, 2013 | by James Maxwell0
Grapefrukt Games Releases Their Stylish New Game Rymdkapsel onto Google Play
Rymdkapsel is a slow, meditiative strategy game from Grapefrukt Games that takes place in space. The game has been designed in a way that requires minimal user input. That doesn’t mean you’ll just be sitting around fiddling your thumbs though, as you’ll have to make smart decisions when ordering your minions around to construct the best space station in the galaxy.
Prior to its release Rymdkapsel received some very positive press. It received an Honorable Mention in the ‘Excellence In Design’ category at the Independent Games Festival in San Francisco, and it was also a finalist in this years Nordic Game Conference in Malmö. With recognition like this you can pretty much assume this is going to be worth your time.
- Easy to interact with, interesting to explore.
- Meditative and slow, yet intense and deliberate.
- A distinctive pseudo 3D art style.
- Super crisp vector based visuals with support for high DPI screens.
- 15 minutes of soundtrack to keep you calm.
- Achievement and leaderboards through Google Play Services
Some gamers have described Rymdkapsel as a mix of tower defence, city-builders’ and Tetris in one unique package. Combine this unique gameplay with the gorgeous art style and fantastic sound design and you know this game is a surefire winner. Head over to Google Play to get Rymdkapsel for $3.99.
Developer Website: Grapefrukt Games