Published on August 2nd, 2013 | by James Maxwell2
Friday Night Indie Game Round-Up #6
It is time for the sixth installment of our weekly Round-Ups, and we’ve got another good line-up of games for you all to check out. They run the gambit of different genres, and I’m sure there’s at least a couple that will tickle your fancy.
Asteroids Impacts from Giggly Mill
Asteroids never come across as a good thing in the movies. They are just giant pieces of rock that always seem intent on putting an end to humanity, but a hero always shows up with just enough time to save earth from Armageddon. The people over at Giggly Mill have decided they’ve had enough of this expected ending, and have given you control of whether the asteroid destroys its target or not. Using intuitive touch contols you will be hurling a variety of deadly asteroids in the direction of many different planets with the goal of destroying the planet’s core. Do you have what it takes to wipe out humanity on dozens of unique worlds?
See Asteroids Impacts in action: Asteroids Impacts Gameplay
- Free! Give it a try 🙂
- Stylish & unique graphics (maybe comparable to the neon/glowing graphics style of Tron)
- Adjustable to different device capabilities (3 levels of graphic-details)
- 48 levels (and more to come)
- Fitting audio support and explosion effects
- Intuitive & innovative physics-based game controls
- Vast space levels in an almost unlimited universe
- Different asteroid** types/zones/types of planets
- Relaxed but challenging gameplay
Download this unique game for free off of Google Play.
Bat Pack from Garden Knight Games
Bat Pack is a new game from Garden Knight Games – a small indie developer out of Toronto Canada. In Bat Pack control a family of bats through various caves, jungles, and deserts using intuitive swiping gestures. Through your journey you will have to watch out for a wide assortment of deadly obstacles, while also collecting as much fruit as you can. This fruit is the game’s form of currency, which will be used to buy power-ups, costumes, special effects, and more.
Check out Bat Pack in action: Bat Pack Official Launch Trailer
- Over 60 levels to play through
- Several power-ups to unlock: Magnets, Anti-Gravity, Slow Motion, and Shields
- Many customization options: 5 costumes, 15 bat trails, 15 touch effects, and 4 custom themes
- A charming cartoon art style
Flap over to Google Play and download this unique platformer with intuitive swipe controls for free.
Bunny Bonker from Cococucumber
Bunny Bonker is a gorgeous new re-imagining of the arcade classic ‘whack-a-mole’ from a small indie developer out of Toronto Canada (yes, another 2 person developer from Toronto). Think of this as more of a speed and reflex test game than just a game of whack-a-mole though. You will be facing a wide array of different bunny filled situations, and you will be earning power-ups to help you to earn a new high score. Bunny Bonkers is a lot of fun, and you’ve really got to see the unique art style that has been used for the game. It is absolutely stunning, and unlike anything else on Google Play. It’s hard to believe that this top quality game was put together by just two (highly skilled) people!
Check out this gorgeous game in action: Bunny Bonker Launch Trailer
- Gorgeous artwork for three unique Chapters with a total of 30 Levels
- Special ‘Bonus Bunny’ for each Chapter
- Bonk the bunny’s payload for more points
- Physics, Flying Clocks, Freeze Time and Magnets!
- Bonus Pie Attack mode with a fat bunny
- Support Indie – Made with love in Toronto by indie game makers
- No Ads
- You get to bonk cute bunnies! For fun!
- Cross-platform: Android, iPhone, iPad & Windows Phone
Bunny Bonker is one of the prettiest indie games I have ever come across, and it’s something you really can’t afford to miss out on. It’s available for free with no ads, so why not give it a download?
Creature Stumble from Asymmetry Games
Creature Stumble is a casual arcade game that plays as a mixture of pinball and arkanoid. Shoot these cute little creatures around the level with help from rocks, bombs, boosters, black holes and power-ups.
See this unique arcade game in action: Creature Stumble Trailer
- Features unique hand drawn graphics combined with procedural styling.
- Physics based gameplay.
- Four chapters with 160 levels.
- Sound design and music production by Santiago Abadia featuring a custom soundtrack for each chapter.
- Pick up and play arcade gaming.
Pick up this unique arcade game for free off of Google Play.
Dark Roads from Laurent Bakowski
The maker of the fun endless ‘driver’ Bad Roads has crafted another gem with the release of his new game Dark Roads.
This time you take control of a motorcycle riding Werewolf named Ted. Ted has decided to go on a nightttime ride down some dangerous and uncanny paths. He only has until the moon to go down to get to his destination (wherever that might be), so you’ll have to be quick and safe at the same time, because Ted hates to fall down.
- Innovative gameplay
- A varied and unlimited course;
- Original graphics;
- A funny and nightmarish soundtrack;
- Designed for optimal use on all screens, including tablets.
- Great fun for all ages
This unique endless runner is a free download on Google Play.
Gravitas from Brain Blinks
Gravitas is a simulation game that makes use of free-floating objects and is based based on Real Life physics. Each of the objects on the screen attracts another, and the game becomes a game of cosmic tug-of-war. Create your own sun-like CenterStone and absorb boulders to build your very own solar system. Oh, and the art style here is frigging sweet, which never hurts!
- No ads or in-app purchases
- All future updates are free
- No special Android permissions required
- Non-violent and kid-friendly
Download this fantastic looking simulation game for a mere $0.99 from Google Play.
Ionage from Twice Circled
Ionage is a brand new real-time-strategy game that has just been released by indie developer Twice Circled. Ionage puts you in control of giant floating space platforms, and your goal is to destroy other giant floating space platforms. The game has a sort of ‘steampunk’ style to it, which works nicely and makes for an interesting story in your conquest of the galaxy. The game plays out as a mix of tower defense, RTS, and chess. It’s certainly a unique experience, and you’re unlikely to find anything quite like it on Google Play.
See Ionage in action here: Ionage Official Trailer
- Explore the galaxy at the helm of your fleet of gun-bristling space platforms
- Discover upgrades to customise your weapons
- Recruit specialists for your team and use them to give you the edge in battle
- Synergise your equipment and team to create unbeatable combinations
- Strategise against ingenious AI which will adapt to your every move
Surprisingly Ionage is a free download, so shoot over to Google Play and download it now.
Jelly Jiggle from Hangar 18
Jelly Jiggle is a gorgeous new puzzle game that is all about moving delicious jelly blocks with a cute jelly cube named ‘Jay’. You might think you’ve seen games like this before past, but what Hangar 18 has created is actually very unique. While Jelly Jiggle starts out fairly easy, you’re going to have to be prepared for a real mental workout.
Check out Jelly Jiggle in action: Jelly Jiggle Official Release Trailer
- Puzzles that require logical, tactical, and spatial thinking
- Over 50 levels to play through
- 3 beautiful environments
- Special power-ups to help you out if you get stuck
You can download this gorgeous and challenging puzzler for free from Google Play.
Mad Dragon from Cycleplay
Mad Dragon is a new side-scrolling endless runner that is unlike anything you have ever played before. You take control of a dragon that has become enraged after he wakes from his slumber to find that goblins have been stealing his precious gold coins. You’re going to have to chase down those little buggers and reclaim the treasure that is rightfully yours. Trample and burn your way through the goblins defenses, and let them know who is really in charge of this mythical kingdom.
Check out Mad Dragon in action: Mad Dragon Gameplay Trailer
- Addictive physics-based gameplay
- Simple 1 tap control
- Compete with friends and others on Google Play leaderboard
- Over 70 challenging achievements
- Daily missions
- Customise your dragon appearance with unique looks
- Customise your cave with cool items
- Upgrade your dragon abilities
- Share your progress on Facebook and Twitter
- Beautiful hand drawn artwork
Download this unique destructive runner for free off of Google Play.
Play SAP !!! from Sid On
While Play SAP was originally created as an advertising tool for the 40th anniversary of a company called SAP, the game actually turned out as a solid side-scrolling platformer. You go from level to level, collecting coins and other objects, while jumping on or avoiding enemies and other obstacles. It seems similar to the classic Mario Bros games, which is can never be a bad thing. Play SAP also sports a nice vibrant art style, and is surprisingly a lot of fun to play. Fans of platformers really shouldn’t pass this one up.
Play SAP !!! is available as a free download on Google Play.
Porkin Hood from iber4
You are Porkin Hood, an archer in the kingdom of iNottingham. You will be entering into battle with your trusty bow and a variety of different arrow types. Attack the king’s guards and get back the money that rightfully belongs to you and your village. The gameplay in Porkin Hood is similar to that found in Angry Birds, so any fan of that series will instantly fall in love with this game. There are even achievements to show off to your friends, which makes Porkin Hood all the more addictive!
Do you have what it takes to become the best archer in all of iNottingham? Find out for just $0.99 on Google Play.
Robomber from Kaiser Games
Robomber is a gorgeous new Bomberman clone that features a gorgeous modernized art style – but more importantly it has online multiplayer! If you decide to register an account in the game you will be able to rank up and unlock new characters, while you will also be able to unlock some achievements. So pick up some explosive power-ups and get to destroying your friends in this awesome Bomberman styled game.
See Robomber in action here: Robomber Gameplay Video
Head over to Google Play to download Robomber for free.
Sidereus from Artmament Games
Sidereus is a casual 2D precision puzzle game that has been designed to calm your mind. Go on a soul-captivating journey through the cosmos, and along the way gather energy crystals and dodge any asteroids that get in your way. You’re on a quest for knowledge to find what lays beyond the farthest reaches of the galaxy. Sidereus has a fantastic unique art style too, which I totally dig.
Sidereus is a free download on Google Play, so blast on over there to download it right away.
Teleporter from Jan Laš
It’s time to save baby aliens from the scientists…. Portal style! You will be controlling a little green alien that has the ability to place pairs of teleport locations. You will be able to walk through the first teleport pad you set, and you will come out the second one placed. This is very reminicent of the hugely popular game ‘Portal’, but this time it’s 2D and you’re a little green alien. You will have to be clever when placing these portals to solve the logic puzzles found in the game.
- Environment with working physics
- Teleport system, where entering velocity at one end is equal to exit velocity at the other end
- Movable lifts and platforms
- Doors and switches for their opening
- Dangerous water
- … and many others
The free version of Teleporter is ad supported and provides you with access to the first 30 levels of the game, but for just $0.99 you can remove all of the ads and unlock all 50 of the game’s levels.
Warp Tunnel from 11:11 Studios
Warp Tunnel is a gorgeous new endless ‘runner’ that places you in an ambient universe that is filled with colourful kaleidoscopic tunnels. You will traverse these tunnels by tilting your device and using the gyroscope in your device to give your character full freedom of movement. Along the way you will be collecting a variety of rings that can be used to buy more tunnels and more playable characters. Get ready to lose yourself in this beautiful psychedelic runner.
Check out Warp Tunnel in action here: Warp Tunnel Gameplay
- An immersive ambient universe to explore
- Gorgeous kaleidoscopic graphics
- A variety of unique tunnels to traverse; and more to unlock as you play the game
- Several characters to unlock; each with its own customization options
Check out this gorgeous psychedelic endless runner game for just $1.01 on Google Play. This is an experience that is unlike anything you have ever seen before.
SGDjames’ Top 3 Picks of the Week:
Do you want to see your game posted in one of our weekly round-ups? Shoot me an email:[email protected]