Published on August 6th, 2013 | by Craig Forshey1
Creepy Crawler Based Puzzler Scarab Tales Flys Onto Android
When people think of bugs, they tend to overlook their more endearing qualities and see them as nuisances or unimportant. Those same people might change their minds however after playing independent developer Playito’s addicting new puzzler Scarab Tales.
In this unique take on the puzzle genre you’ll share in the little critters plight by helping scarabs make their way through brain twisting logic puzzles and the dangers of being a little guy in a big world. In order to traverse the trials of each stage they’ll have to avoid being crushed by pebbles(which would be massive boulders to them), sneak through devious gateways, and solve environment based riddles that will challenge even the most veteran of puzzle game aficionados.
In addition to its refreshing gameplay Scarab Tales also sports a Pharaoh’s Tomb of great features like an extensive achievement list, competitive online leaderboard, and an authentic Egyptian style soundtrack. As if that weren’t enough, Playito has gone ahead and given gamers the keys to the kingdom by providing the very same level editor that was used to create Scarab Tales’ campaign. Combine that with the ability to download other user created maps in-app and you’ve got infinite replay ability.
- Scarab Tales is ideal game for summer vacation! Play 100 original challenging levels or download new level packs from our community server!*
- Lead Scarabs to safety. Touch level elements and the bugs to solve the puzzle.
- Gain 100 different achievements based on your game progress and skills.
- Create your own levels using in-game editor and upload them to our community server for others!*
- Check your score in online crossplatform TOP 10 chart!*
- High quality rendered graphics suitable for both mobiles and tablets.
- High quality sounds and music soundtrack with Egyptian theme.
Scarab Tales is a uniquely refreshing take on the puzzle genre that will keep you glued to your phone. It’s available now for $1.50 on Google Play. To celebrate it’s release Playito is holding a blockbuster summer sale on its Android games catalog with discounts of up to 75% off so make sure you check out their other apps as well.