Published on August 30th, 2013 | by James Maxwell0
New Indie Made Tower Defense Game Age of Thrones Marches Onto Google Play
Age of Thrones is a medieval-fantasy tower defense game that has just be released onto Google Play by the indie development team Nexrage. As you’d expect in any tower defense game you are going to be building up your defenses to protect your base from waves of deadly enemies. However, Age of Thrones is a bit different than other games in the genre thanks to its “free-style” gameplay mechanic. This means you will be directing the enemy’s movements by strategically placing your towers. This mechanic has been used before but AOT does it with a unique setting and a heck of a lot of style!
- Vibrant and bright toon-art style
- Fully voiced/narrated
- 18 Unique Levels
- 16 different types of towers usable in-game
- 4 different types of castles buildable in game
- 20 different types of enemies, ranging from ground, armored, flying, and warships
- 4 Hero Spells usable during game to help fight tougher foes
- Full tier talent tree to customize your gameplay
- Various difficulties, Endless Mode, and Casual Mode (for people on the go), and Iron Maiden modes
- Well balanced, and many ways to beat any level
- Heavily focused on free-path tower defense, but also has fixed path elements mixed in
Age of Thrones looks to be a very solid addition to the tower defense genre, and is something fans of the genre shouldn’t miss out on. The game costs only $1.99 on Google Play and the developer has stated that the game has no absolutely IAP’s and all future updates to the game (DLC, cross device co-op) will be completely free!
What are you waiting for? Get out there and save the kingfom of Armos from the Dark Lord of Thrones!
Developer Website: Nexrage.com