Published on September 6th, 2013 | by James Maxwell0
Turn Based Racing Strategically Drives Onto Google Play
When playing a racing game are you the kind of gamer that tosses realistic physics to the side and put your complete focus and driving recklessly to win the race? Or are you the kind of gamer that prefers your racing games to have a more true-to-life realism that requires some sharp thinking to manage your speed and take the best angles in order to take top spot? If you’re play style is more of the latter of the above descriptions then the new indie racer Turn Based Racing is something you really can’t afford to let slip by.
As the name implies you will be taking turns in the races you take part in. You will race against various opponents on real-life circuits that are found all around the world. This gameplay style has never been done before in a video game (that I know of at least), and it is actually based off of a game that is played on a sheet of paper. The original game limited the player to moving within the sheet’s confined squares, and these elements have been transferred onto mobile devices perfectly – but obviously with a more stylish and well rounded experience. With the inclusion of true to life car physics you will need to think in advance if you plan to move fluently around the curves, and you will also have to get accustomed to how each of the cars behave. This simple looking racer is far more in depth than you’re likely to first expect.
- First of its kind gameplay. A unique racing experience.
- A variety of cars with different physics parameters and available upgrades.
- 8 race circuits with 34 various tracks.
- Race Offline to gain experience and upgrade your cars, or compete Online against other players’ best results.
- Race against AI opponents or challenge yourself with time-based races.
- Online Leaderboards for all Online races, as well as Global Rankings with the best players around the world.
- Online Challenges with races that are only available for a period of time. Don’t miss out on them!
If you are looking for a unique take on the racing genre you should look no further than Turn Based Racing. The game’s clever design elements, nice art design, and hugely indepth gameplay are sure to hook any gamer that likes realism in his racing games. You can download this fantastic indie gem for free off of Google Play