Published on May 30th, 2013 | by Craig Forshey1
World War Z Has Begun
The Unreal Engine 3 powered zombie shoot ’em up World War Z is here and its brought plenty of gory mayhem. Developed by Phosphor Game Studios, the same team that brought us Horn and Dark Meadow, this is the official tie-in game for the big budget Brad Pitt movie. It remains to be seen how good the movie itself is, but World War Z the game has great graphics, gigantic set pieces, and unique gameplay design for a first person shooter based on the undead.
While mowing down hordes of zombies with a machine gun is an important part of any horror game, Phosphor has expanded on the survival arena formula so common to the zombie shooter genre. Players will also have to explore environments for survivors and clues, solve puzzles, and engage in tap based melee combat. In addition, the developer has implemented a simplified control scheme to better adapt its first person shooter to mobile devices.
- Action-packed story-based game
- Choose between different control schemes to suite your playstyle
- Over a dozen upgradeable weapons
- Listen to radio broadcasts and answering machines and read emails of other survivors
- Replayable challenge mode
- Chilling tense atmosphere
- Multiple forms of combat including hand-to-hand and ranged shooting
- Zombie Hordes
World War Z offers up unique new twists for the zombie shoot ’em up genre. You can pick it up for $4.99 on Google Play.