Published on July 29th, 2013 | by James Maxwell0
Worms Styled Multiplayer Shooter ‘Blastron’ Explodes Onto Google Play
If you’ve been a gamer for a while you’re probably familiar with the well know ‘Worms’ series of turn-based multi-player games. The worms games have always been known for their unique style of gameplay, and for the absolutely bizarre weaponry you could get your hands on. Many game developers have tried to emulate the success found by Worms, but each attempt was missing that charm found in the Worms series, and as such these games and the genre they have defined has remained relatively untouched over the years.
However, a worthy competitor to the Worms series has just burst onto Google Play. This game is called Blastron, and it is an all new new turn-based multiplayer game from developer Kabam. Blastron has made some noticeable upgrades to the traditional Worms gameplay, while still leaving the main elements that have made the original such a success. In addition to the fun gameplay Blastron also has a nice modernized art style and a unique setting too. The most impressive feature to be found is the online multiplayer, which will keep you coming back time and time again.
- Shoot your way to the top of the Blastron Hall of Fame leaderboard in fast paced turn based online battles
- Collect and unlock a huge variety of weapons and boosts in order to crush your opponents and score maximum points.
- Upgrade your robot’s parts to create thousands of unique robot blasting combinations
- Utilize your platforming skills to strategically grab loads of epic loot – scoring you tons of weapons and items and racking up points to help your shoot to the top of the leaderboard
- Play in campaign mode to battle your way to the Blastron championship title and unlock new weapons and robots for use in multiplayer modes
Fans of the Worms series will undoubtedly to give Blastron a serious look. Those that are new to this genre will find this to be a good place to start. Blastron is a free download on Google Play, so head over there no to give it a shot.